One of the most stressful experiences a person can go through is losing teeth. It can be traumatizing even. However, there are ways to restore your smile. Here are a few options:
- Dental bridges
- Dental Implants
Out of these three options, we believe dental implants to be the best, and there are several reasons why:
- They look and function like real teeth
- You don’t have to worry about them falling out when you eat, talk or laugh
- They’re stable and can withstand normal bite forces and chewing
- Preserves the health of the jawbone without impacting the surrounding teeth
- They can be used to replace one missing tooth or several missing teeth
- Can last a lifetime with proper care
To you, this may all sound perfect, but there is one question lurking in your mind: Is the procedure safe?
Our answer: Yes, but it depends on the dentist.
Let’s explain how dental implants work. Dental implants are composed of titanium, and they are surgically drilled into the jawbone. Titanium is a biocompatible material that can connect to the jawbone. This process is called osseointegration.
Dental implant procedures have been commonly used since the 1970s. Over the years, they have become more predictable and secure than other methods of teeth restoration. It’s the only restoration methods that simulates the feel and function of a tooth root underneath the missing tooth.
However, if your dental specialist in unqualified and lacks proven experience, it can be risky. An experienced specialist like Dr. Grossman can ensure that the procedure is conducted smoothly, even if there are unforeseen complications.
How to Know if Your Dentist Is Qualified
If the dentist isn’t up for the job, you will receive subpar results, and you will lack the ongoing care you need. Here are two ways to determine if the dentist is up for the task:
- Check their years of experience. For example, Dr. Grossman has been practicing dentistry since the ‘80s. If your dentist has only recently started their practice, you need to really be sure that they know what they’re doing.
- View past work. If the dentist has experience, they won’t hesitate to show you before-and-after pictures of their dental implant procedures. If these are not available on their website, ask them to show you any past work. If none is available, it should be cause for concern.
Are Dental Implants Safe and the Right Choice for Your Oral Health?
We believe that dental implants offer the safest and most effective way to restore your teeth. The safety of the procedure depends on the experience and skill level of the dentist. For more information, contact us today.